Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Feeling balanced

Photo credit: M & R Gallery of Photography

Balance is an eternal principle; something that I am always working towards.  Every once in a while I find myself in the perfectly balanced place.  It can be fleeting, but I enjoy every second!  Right now is one of those moments, and I’m writing it down so that on days when I’m feeling less balanced I can remember this feeling.

Whenever I need to check in with myself, I go through a personal inventory consisting of six major aspects of my life; spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, financial, and the creative.  (I’ve just recently added that last one.) When I visit each of these areas in my mind I try to think about how I’m doing compared to where I want to be.  

Thankfully, today I feel good.  Really good.  I feel like I can conquer all me fears, hurdle any obstacles, and achieve any goal.  I’m in the zone…on fire...driven…ready to accomplish big things…destined for greatness…in control…happy…joyful…creative.  Me again.

What a powerful, yet simple exercise.  Here’s my personal checklist for today:

Spiritual: 
I am a believer.  In a world of cynicism, sarcasm, and apathy towards faith, I affirm that God is good.  God is great. He answers prayers.  He performs miracles. He is omnipotent and loving. My faith is my anchor and Jesus is my Savior.

Physical: 
My body is strong.  I can move and jump and run. I am connected.  I’m in control.  I have a plan for healthy eating and exercise.  I am executing that plan and it feels so so good.

Mental: 
When I'm mentally sharp, nothing can stop me.  Sadly, I haven't felt sharp as of late. About eight months ago I started working with my health care professional to better understand how to balance my hormones and tackle the realities of early menopause.  I am happy to report that the clouds are parting and I'm finally seeing the light again.  I am grateful for nutrition, vitamins, and supplements that are helping me feel like me again.

Emotional: 
I have love.  To love and be loved is the greatest gift.  My heart has infinite capacity to love.  I am blessed with amazing extended family members.  I am blessed with genuine, wonderful friends. I get to laugh and smile.  A lot.

Financial:  
We are so blessed.  A Christmas miracle saved us, financially, for which I am eternally grateful. Our business is growing.  People enjoy our product and they are telling their friends.  There are opportunities abound.

Creative:  
A part of my creative self died with I took an early retirement from my theatre career.  This weekend I saw a theatre piece that rekindled my love of theatre.  I was moved to tears.  Twice.  I felt deeply.  It reminded me that my soul is creative and that I need to honor that aspect of my life and spend a little time being creative each day.

I feel balanced today.  Tomorrow can be different, and I’ll work with that. For today, though, I’ll revel in this amazing feeling and count my many blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment