Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day 2013



I love my country.  My heart fills to overflowing when I see the American flag lining the streets.  It makes me think of all the men and women who have sacrificed so much so that we can enjoy the blessings of this great land.  Because of their efforts we have freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and so many other freedoms.  Freedom, however, is not free.  It comes at a price.  I am indebted to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so that theses freedoms can be ours. 

This morning I took my boys on a walk down our street to see all the flags.  I want them to know how great our land is.  I want them to take pride in the Pledge of Allegiance. I want them to understand what it means to pay the ultimate price, and I want them to have respect for all those who make our country what it is.  I want them to proudly put their hands over their hearts when they salute the flag, at to feel reverence for this symbol of freedom.

God Bless America





No comments:

Post a Comment