Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013


Halloween came fast this year.
The Halloween decor really fills our house with excitement, so it's worth every effort.

I love a school costume parade.
I look for creative costumes and I love to see the sparkle in the eyes of young people (and teachers) who are doing something fun. We had a few tears in the morning when Belle's Leia hair wasn't quite working.  Luckily, she is blessed to quickly overcome challenges--however big or small.  I love to see her smile return.

Our Star Wars family
(left to right) Oliver as Yoda; me as Queen Amidala; David as Darth Vader; Ethan as Luke;
(front) Nataleigh as Leia; and Jacob as a storm trooper.  May the force be with us!



 Darth Vader proving that,
"Luke, I am your Father"

In St. George we trick-or-treat by golf carts! I love being outside, without jackets, in wonderfully pleasant weather.  We are blessed with great neighbors, the Camps, who often refer to Jacob as "our brother from another mother".  I feel the same way about their boys.  I am especially grateful for Kathryn and the good friend she is to me and my children.


  As night approaches, the borrowed light saber really adds a special effect to Darth Vader. It's red light and authentic sound effect transforms David's costume…and may scare a few trick-or-treaters. 

 Our candy buffet is a hit!


We end the evening at the home of Oliver's Occupational Therapist whose Halloween tradition is to make warm funnel cakes with yummy toppings.  Her ambient cafe lights and outdoor furniture is a perfect ending to our Halloween night.

No comments:

Post a Comment