Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

General Conference in Salt Lake City










What a wonderful weekend!
Recently David and I discussed how we wanted our children to attend a general conference session of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  Conference is held twice a year--the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October. When David was offered tickets, we jumped at the opportunity.   Nataleigh and I went together and David took Ethan.

Nataleigh was so excited to be in the Conference Center and to see the Prophet live.  She couldn't stop smiling.  She told me her favorite part was being in the Conference Center when President Monson walked in.  All 20,000 people stood and were silent.  We could feel that Spirit confirm that he is the Lord's mouth piece--a prophet to the world for these latter days.







Later that evening it was David and Ethan's turn.  David had two tickets to the Priesthood Session.  Ethan recently turned 12 and this was the first time he attended Priesthood Session.  David said Ethan took notes on every talk and was attentive the entire time.  What a great memory for his first Priesthood Session. I am so proud of him and the young man he is becoming.  He is growing before my eyes and maturing into a responsible, enjoyable adult.  I love him very much.


My sister Mackenzie also attended Conference with her sweetheart, Ben.  It is so fun to see this young couple enjoying each other's company.  Courting is such a fun stage of life!  I like Ben a lot.  I like Ben and Mackenzie together.  (I'm thinking he could be the one!)

After conference, we meet up with David and the boys for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory, and enjoy getting to know Ben over lunch.


A funny side note...Nataleigh is a connoisseur of plain noodles.  No sauce. No butter.  Just plain noodles.  Please.  In her vast research she has concluded that the Cheesecake Factory has the best plain noodles.  Ever.  Whenever we can, we stop at The Cheesecake Factory so Nataleigh can order her plain noodles.   Here she is with a small mustache she drew on her finger.  She loves to repeatedly remark, "I 'mustache' you a questions...but I'll 'shave' it for later."  Funny girl.


Speaking of food, Sunday morning we spent the entire morning in the hotel.  What better way to start the day than with room service breakfast?  It was definitely a splurge, and a memory we won't soon forget.  The kids will remember bottomless hot chocolate, fresh squeezed orange juice, french toast, and a really neat cart that kept everything warm.


Jacob was in hog heaven!  He loved sitting with Dad at his little table in the hotel.  I'm confidant that from this time forth he will always ask to have breakfast in the hotel.

Other memorable moments in the hotel:
Oliver enjoying our big bed like a big boy...

 Listening to conference talks and finding the speakers on our leadership chart...

Jacob entertained with a mini ping pong set and an occasional iPhone/iPad break


As we finally set off for home, we feel inspired and renewed.
We almost made it home to St. George before our little guy demanded that we make a pit stop.  Oliver kept grabbing David's hand and putting it on his car seat buckle as if to say "let me out!"
Ode to road trips:  They are long, but make for great memories!
 It was a terrific trip.  My favorite part was that I was not distracted by dishes or laundry and I had my entire family together in one place.  I heard more of conference than, perhaps, ever before, and loved every minute!  

No comments:

Post a Comment