Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day and Mackenzie's Homecoming

We went to California for Mother's Day and for Mackenzie's Homecoming report on her mission to Switzerland.  


Mackenzie did an impressive job sharing her tender testimony and her experiencing serving the people of Switzerland.   My favorite part of her talk was the beginning when she stood at the pulpit and started speaking in French.  For a moment I thought, 
"Oh no! She doesn't realize she is speaking in French.  Someone should tell her!" She was cute and said "No, I'm not going to talk to you in French the entire time".  

Next she explain that on Sundays in the mission she would anxiously wait to see if any of her investigators would come to Church.  She said her heart was still in Switzerland with her missionary companions, and she wondered whether her investigators were coming to Church this Sunday.  Mackenzie is a great example to me and my children and I am so grateful she is home!

It was especially fun to be home for Mother's Day.


My Mom is the glue that binds us all together.  We affectionately refer to her as the air traffic controller of our family.  She tracks the flight patterns of eight busy children, eight grandchildren, one busy Dad, and also manages three business.  She gives great "pop kisses", has a contagious laugh, asks inquisitive questions, and has a love of learning.  She talks to us and helps us solve life's problems. She teaches us the gospel and has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ.  She loves to be a mother and a homemaker and she is an excellent cook.  
I am grateful for her love and example.

I am blessed with five wonderful sisters.  They each teach me and help me be a better person.  Brittany, Ashleigh, Brianna, Mackenzie and Brooke, I love you all.



Motherhood is a wonderful blessing.  Each child comes with strengths and challenges.  
I am grateful for the journey and for the opportunity to learn and grow each day.


I wouldn't be a mother without David.  He is the man of my dreams and I thank Heavenly Father for the gift of being married to such an amazing man.


I know there will be much more to learn about being a mother as this life unfolds.  
I am grateful for the small moments to take in the blessings of motherhood.  
I am grateful for the four children who make me a mother.













No comments:

Post a Comment