Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

One Amazing Man!


Of all the wonderful things associated with bringing a child into this world, perhaps the greatest is my deep love for David. I couldn't have done it without him. He is my rock, my support, my confidant, my best friend. There have been some really trying moments during this pregnancy. Finding out that I was a carrier for Fragile X was very difficult. The often daily struggle of telling myself that this pregnancy was going to be okay, and this baby WOULD live took a toll on my emotional state, and surely David's too. And during all of this...we moved ???

Why did we move? One of the main reasons was so I could focus on my health. At the time, last October, I was in the middle of a Rheumatoid Arthritis flair. I would wake up in the morning and not be able to move my right wrist, or my left writs, or walk. It became serious enough that we knew we had to make a major change.
Add to that, I desperately wanted to have another baby. I really felt there was one more-that our family wasn't complete. But the doctor told me that my Pre-menopausal state made having another baby doubtful. We had heard that the warmer climate made the symptoms of RA manageable, and I hoped that a climate change could also help me overturn my Pre-menopausal state.

We started looking for a home in St. George in October. A few days after Christmas we closed the deal. Three days later, I found out I was pregnant.

During this crazy time David was focused, determined, and diligent. He spent hours, days, weeks, and months packing boxes, moving furniture, and driving the trailer back and forth to St. George. He managed remodel projects in the new house and made every effort to make our new home a haven for our family.

He has been wonderfully supportive during this pregnancy and he has carried the lion's share during the move. He is trooper and I am most grateful to him!
I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment