Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Nativity

We have a few nativities in our home and they each serve a different purpose.  The Precious Memories nativity came from Grandma Dana and lives in Nataleigh's room.  Jacob plays with the Fisher Price nativity and loves to hear the music from the angel.  My Nativity came from Jerusalem and I really enjoy getting it out each year.  When I unwrap the pieces from their original newspaper I am reminded of the time I spent there in 1997.  I have memories of finding this olive wood nativity and asking the shop owner how many he had left.  He said two.  I said I'd buy both.  I bought one for me and one for my mom.  Christmas isn't Christmas until the nativity is up.  It is usually the first thing I set up and the last thing I take down.




No comments:

Post a Comment