Blog has moved, redirecting to new blog...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tender Testimonies

Last Sunday our whole family spoke in Sacrament meeting in our new ward. I was really touched by the tender testimonies of Ethan and Nataleigh. They wrote their talks themselves and we were really proud of them.

This is Nataleigh's talk:

"As a family we are memorizing the scriptures. One of my favorites is:

'Remember that without faith ye can do nothing, therefore ask in Faith…'

--Doctrine and Covenants section 8 verse 10.

I have faith in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is important to me because it tells me more about Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon teaches me to pray to Him. The Book of Mormon tells me about angels, and the Book of Mormon teaches about the Holy Ghost. The Book of Mormon is really important to me. The Book of Mormon teaches me about the prophets.

I know the Book of Mormon is true."




Ethan's was just a bit longer...

"In Mosiah chapter 2: verse 41 it reads:

'I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God'. This means that if you keep the commandments of God you will have a happy life. You will still have trials, but you can be happier than those who do not keep the commandments of God.

Jesus commanded us to be baptized. I have been baptized and this is a way that I have kept the commandments. When I was baptized I remember that the water was warm. Lots of people came to witness my baptism; my teacher, my friends, my cousins, and my family. When I was confirmed I could feel the Holy Ghost rush inside me. It felt really warm and I knew that the scriptures were true.

And then I knew that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father could help me in times when I needed them.

And just like the scripture promises, I was very happy..."


Jacob also shared his testimony. Throughout the week as we practiced our talks he always wanted his turn. He kept saying, "where's my talk?" referring to a piece of paper he could hold. We were proud of him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment